Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pumpkin time

 I've been busy making pumpkin bread this morning, its a favorite of ours. It is so yummy and good for you too. I like to share it so I plan to take some over to some friends later.

 I have also started up some more sewing on my second dress. Not quite finished with that one but I do have one to show you. This dress, I made using a new vintage sheet. The sheet was still in the package so I thought it was a great find, and I like the fall colors.
It is a dress one may wear for fall or spring, and it has that nice V gathering on the front bodice with a regular slightly pleated skirt. I put a handmade embroidered fabric tag on the inside back of the dress. What do you think?
I thought I would show you what other things I have made in past few months. Here are some pictures of a little doll I made, some mug rugs from my scraps, and a blue crib size quilt I made a few months ago and is listed on my Etsy shop.



 I also thought I would show you my shoe box of the hexies I'm working on.
My box of goodies, all hand made including my needle book.


I do like to share my ideas, sewing tips, and items I have made.
Here's a tip: Keep all your small sewing supplies, and hand work in an old shoe box, keeping everything together is great when you are needing to tote it around, and the box is recycled.
Well, I'm hoping you will be inspired by my pics. For now, I best go check on my pasta sauce I made from scratch, spaghetti is on the dinner menu tonight. Till we meet again, happy sewing! KS

No comments:

Post a Comment