Sunday, November 10, 2013

Cute dresses

Hi, I am finished with my dresses! Here are 3 more, but I have made 4 dresses in all that I will be featuring at a cute consignment shop. These dresses are cotton and easy for wear to any place casual, or dressed up a bit with a sweater, and a necklace. They do have that homemade touch, so there will be no other like it. What do you think of my fabric choices?

A lovely model





This last dress reminds us of the prairie look, but it's also a vintage style dress from the 50's.
 It feels great to finish up these dresses, and it's always fun to see the finished product. I have been sewing dresses for a long time, I guess I have always really liked the idea of having a dress that nobody else will ever have but me. 
I hope they will inspire others to wear homemade dresses, and make homemade dresses for themselves.

Now on the crafty side of my time lately, here is what I came up with. I used a felted 100% wool sweater, and made this cute little horse to start my Christmas decorating. 
From sweater to horse!
I am enjoying making these. They are great to decorate at home, put a string on them and use it as an ornament or add it to a Christmas gift along with a tag.  I'm going to make more. They are very simple and all handmade. 
Well I guess it's time to go have some dinner, so off I go. Hope you enjoy this post. Please leave me any comments, I would love to hear from you. Blessings, KS



No comments:

Post a Comment