Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sweet Day

Happy Sunday! I attended church this morning and it was just wonderful, I loved the message out of Revelation. It just feels so good to see people and to see the joy of being united in Christ.

Besides my love of sewing, I also like to cut out paper and use glue and glitter. It reminds me of being in school again. I cut out some circles from Christmas cards using my handy dandy circle cutter by Fiskars, a cutting mat, and I gathered a variety of glitter in different colors, and plain white school glue.
It's quite easy, just cut out 2 of each circle, use some embroidery thread of different color to go in between  the paper circles and glue together. Let them dry a bit, after they are dried, add more glue to the outside of the circles and have fun with the glitter pouring it over each circle and then letting them dry. They can be used as garland to decorate your mantel or anywhere that you can hang them. They are so pretty with the glitter sparkle. It's a great Christmas project!






I took my dresses and "Nellie Tales", my little mouse doll to Boyd & Bradley Art Studio yesterday. The studio is an amazing place, there are many paintings, jewelry, and hand crafted items by local artisans, it's a great place to buy Christmas presents. They have classes for anyone who is interested in learning to paint or learn a new craft such as felting and the two teachers, Lauren and Tisha are so talented! They both make incredibly beautiful things.
Well, I plan to get back to working on some Christmas ornaments and my set sail quilt. Enjoy your Sunday! KS

1 comment: