Friday, November 22, 2013

Beautiful Rain

It's a beautiful morning, and it looks like we did have some rain overnight. It is so nice to see the refreshing dew on the petals and leaves on my rose trees.  I love roses!
I have been busy creating some wool ornaments that I plan to exhibit at the Art Studio. I'm using some felted wool sweaters that I thought would make cute ornaments. They look very artsy and special because every stitch is by hand and I'm using embroidery thread. My hope is that whoever may purchase these will see the beauty in the materials and the design. I first make a drawing, then use some paper to cut out the pattern, then I cut out the shape and start blanket stitching to put them together. It is fun for me to do hand sewing, a good past time while I have a bit of time to watch some TV. The designs are all different from ponies, tree, owl, fox and a deer, here is a picture of the white pony. What do you think?

I only need to add a cute string so that this little white pony can hang on the Christmas tree, a window, or on the door. It's great to use wool from recycled felted sweaters and turn them into other cute little things to make your home warm and charming. 
Well, off early to the market and to get my pup his favorite dry food. Have a great day and happy sewing! KS



No comments:

Post a Comment