Saturday, October 26, 2013

Happy Day

I'm happy to say that I did finish the mermaid pillow case and it's on its way to Colorado to the young lady who will be receiving it as a gift from her grandmother. I think it came out very pretty and I'm hoping it will be treasured for a long time to come, and be used over and over.
Here she is, swimming with friends, sew much fun!



I have also been busy making other little items for my etsy shop such as this cute pouch.



It's so cute and functional too. I love to use scraps and I have lots of them, so I make pouches. This one has a cute charm I found. It's quite lovely with the french lady in the front. You can use it for anything you like or tote around your hand sewing projects. It will be available on my Etsy shop.

This weekend I  had an opportunity to stop by a favorite store of mine, it is called Birch. It's full of beautiful fabrics, including organics and they have an awesome collection of bundles too.  It is a great store! and the staff are all lovely people who greet you with a hello when you walk in. I went there to purchase some fabric so that I can make a couple of dresses. When I'm there, I love to find cute designs on fabric to use when I make my different projects. Here is a sample of my latest pieces I brought home.
Lots to do as you see, I plan to start designing some new ideas for these. I think a dress or two, and maybe a quilt, we'll see...
Have a great day! Come back soon. KS

2 comments:

  1. The pillowcase turned out great and so did the little pouch! Really love Birch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mermaid Pillowcase turned out darling!!! You're so talented and Lauren and I are so grateful that you've let some of your special art be shown & for sale in our Gift Shop:)

    ReplyDelete