Saturday, January 25, 2014

Scrappy Days

Well hello everyone, hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday! I want to show you a simple project I just made for myself. My purse was getting just a bit heavy for me so I thought, what can I do to make it a little lighter? I gathered a handful of scraps, and to the sewing machine I went.
 I have a nice memory of my grandmother using her little scraps of fabric, she would use her flour sacks to make pretty things. I guess I learned from her to use as much of the fabric as I can. 
 I made this little pouch to carry my sunglasses. I felt that it would be lighter in my purse instead of the heavy metal one that comes with the sunglasses and its much prettier too. I made it quite fast so my sewing is not perfect as you can see, but it serves the purpose. 


I love the little pieces that all go together somehow and what once was a bunch of pieces is now something that I can use. I think using scraps in a project is such a good way to recycle, and to use what you have on hand. Putting some thought into it can save you from having to spend extra too.
Enjoy. KS


No comments:

Post a Comment