Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sew cute!

Since I have been sewing baby gifts lately, I now feel they are my favorite things to sew. The patterns are so cute and so easy and fast to make. I found an old Simplicity pattern at the thrift store, and luckily it had all the pieces still in it for the little shoes. So far I have made two blankets, one bonnet, and a pair of little shoes that match as baby shower gifts. This new red bonnet is now in my Etsy shop. 
I can still remember my mom making bonnets for us to wear, they were great to keep the sun off your head and face. I think every girl needs to have a bonnet. They are simply adorable.




The soft receiving blankets are made simply by sewing two squares of flannel together and I used an old lace on one of them to embellish it, both came out very pretty and ready for the new mom to wrap her baby girl in. 
Have a great week, and hope to hear from you. Keep looking up at the sky! KS


No comments:

Post a Comment