Sunday, January 12, 2014

Something special

Busy, busy lately sewing lots of gifts for family and friends. I found a nice rectangle pillow with a not so pretty cover, so I decided to get it for the purpose of redoing the cover.  I basically made a pillow case and added ties to the ends to make it easy to remove and wash and at the same time give it a sweet bow tie closure at the ends. I quilted the pillow case with little circles. The picture in the middle is from a fabric that I purchased at Beverly's Fabric store.  Here it is, what do you think?






This will be a lovely gift for a family member. 
I think my next project will be to finish up some embroidered pillow cases.
I also am working on a capelet that I crocheted, and I am going to experiment and edge it with fabric. Just an idea but we will see how it turns out. Stay tuned.
Well, have fun with your sewing projects, whatever they may be. I'm always trying to come up with new ideas and ways of creating things so feel free to give me some tips. 
Happy sewing! KS

2 comments:

  1. I love the pillow! So beautiful and lovely colors : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming pillow this is! Your family member is very lucky to receive this loveliness!! I can't wait to see your next project... Have a happy 2014 with lots of stitching time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete