Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Labor Day!

 Hi. It's good to get back to my computer and write a little bit. I know it's been a while. Today I'm just hanging out at home all day, so I used my labor day to finish up this really nice bag. It is from Lisa Liams, A bag for all reasons book.
 I found the fabric at Birch fabric store. I visited the store a few weeks ago and spotted this left over piece of fabric, I new it would be nice as a purse or bag and here it is, just finished it today and so happy about that.
The lining is also a  nice color of blue. The bag was pretty easy to assemble once I got all the pieces cut out and labeled. Then I used many of my saved up magnet closures, D rings, all the metal pieces were recycled from old purses. It feels great to finally use up these items that I saved for a new bag and I love it!, what do you all think?

Here is a pic of a little dress I made for a little girl who turned 2 years last week and just loves the Cars theme.
Of course I said yes to the request for a dress. I added some bows, and checkered fabric. I think it is very cute and easy to wash and wear, just what little 2 year old's need.
Cute little dress
 Something I enjoy is baking. I especially love the smell of the cooked peaches, or apples. It reminds me of being home, a calm time, Here I made a peach pie. I'm still working on getting the crust just right, it always seems to be the most difficult for me. Any hints are welcome. Take a break and enjoy a piece of pie. Keep looking up at the sky. KS
My favorite is peach pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment