Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cozy Colorful

Hello. It's a nice day to stay home, and that is just what I did today. Looks like fall outside, kinda cloudy and cool. I've been making lots of little projects lately and doing some embroidery tea towels, which I hope to show here soon.
Another favorite thing to do is making pillow covers, and this is one I recently finished. I used an old quilt pattern I found that I really like, its a tulip pattern and I used some of my scraps of fabric and quilted the layers with an S shape and circles. Lots of fun to do with the darning foot. I had the yellow string of balls for a while just taking up space in my sewing room so I decided to just use them and see what happens. The back is a simple envelope closure with some ties. It just gives the bedroom a cozy homey feeling, but it can look really nice on a sofa or chair too. What do you think? 





Hope you are all having a wonderful day. I think I will watch a movie and just relax the rest of this day.
Happy Sewing! KS

1 comment:

  1. This is a really nice post! The pillow is so colorful and pretty. Such happy colors!

    ReplyDelete